Stink bug invasions have been on a steady rise since they arrived in the U.S. from Asia more than a decade ago. Now, homeowners can protect themselves from these unpleasant smelling pests with TERRO® Stink Bug Killer. This powerful stink bug aresol spray quickly kills on contact, wiping out infestations both indoors and outdoors. The non-staining formula can be used on hard surfaces and fabrics and does not leave behind an unpleasant odor.
Featuring a versatile, two-way spray nozzle, the stink bug aerosol spray can be used as a coarse spray or as a crack and crevice treatment to control stink bugs, boxelder bugs, Asian lady beetles, carpenter ants and other pesky insects.
What Is a Stink Bug Anyway?
The stink bug is part of the family of insects called pentatomids, which means five-sided. There are a variety of stink bugs including the brown marmorated stink bug (the most prevalent species in the United States), green stink bug, spined soldier stink bug, two spotted stink bug, arboreal stink bug, red shouldered stink bug, and the rice stink bug.
Stink bugs were first spotted in the U.S. in September, 1998 in Allentown, PA. Since then, the invasive species has now spread to 41 states, including the western states of California and Oregon. The term 'stink bugs' refers to the defensive scent glands located on the underbelly of the bugs. When frightened or smashed, the bugs release a very unpleasant smell. Though not harmful to homeowners, stink bugs can take over your house in a matter of days, quickly turning from a few bugs into a full blown infestation.
Crack and Crevice Treatment:
- Using the directional stream nozzle setting on the two-way spray attachment, hold container upright and tilt extension tube to a 90° angle with can.
- Place injection tip ½ inch into cracks and crevices where insects may be hiding, living and breeding.
- Release a one-second spray per spot.
- In serious infestations, if possible, place spots approximately 12 inches apart.
- In light infestations or for preventative treatment, place spots approximately three feet apart.
- In long running cracks, move the injector tip along the crack while spraying. Move at the rate of one linear foot per second in heavy infestations and three feet per second in light infestation.
Treating Outside Surfaces With Stink Bug Aerosol Spray:
- Spray foundation of home or building where insects are active and may find entrance up to a height of two to three feet.
- Apply as a residual spray to outside surfaces of buildings where insects tend to congregate. Typical spray areas include screens, window frames, eaves, porches, patios, garages and refuse dumps.
- Kills stink bugs, boxelder bugs and Asian lady bugs on contact
- Non-staining formula
- No unpleasant odor
- Convenient, easy-to-use two-way spray nozzle for spot or crack and crevice treatments
- For indoor and outdoor use
What’s in the Box
- 1 lb aerosol spray can
- 2-way spray nozzle
- Contains tetramethrin (0.20%), permethrin (0.50%), piperonyl butoxide (1.00%) and other ingredients (98.30%)
- 1 lb aerosol spray can
- Two-way spray nozzle for spot or crack and crevice treatments
- For indoor and outdoor use
Disclaimer: Terro.com does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Review RateGreat Spray
I bought me an RV, and the RV park I parked my RV in to live in, had a lot of stink bugs coming in my RV all the time. Everyday I would be seeing two or three stink bugs in my house. So I bought theTerro spray 6 pack, and sprayed interior and exterior all around the windows, all around the sunroof, all around the doors, and anytime I do see a stink bug in my house its dying. So I just spray a little spray on it, and wait for it to die and then throw it away. This is some great spray, I love this spray, hardly ever see stink bugs anymore at all. Ive been telling everybody about this product. Thank You Terro
Review RateDoes exactly what it says it will!The spray worked great on the stink bugs. The two-function spray can is a great idea & both functions worked perfectly. Also, Woodstream got this to me much faster than i expected so i could start spraying those darn bugs. Highly recommended product & highly recommended company!
Review RateIt Works!!Found this product in the spring when the stink bug was trying to get out of the house. Bought one can to test, and it did the job spraying the interior to kill. Loaded up this fall when they are trying to get back in to hibernate. Sprayed exterior windows/doors and interior. The ones that make it past the screen to the interior are found dead on windowsill. Would recommend to anyone
Review RateOnly item found to get rid of these stinky pestThis does a great job to repel the stink bugs
Review RateStink BugsStink bugs are really a hard problem to get rid of. We have caulked and sealed everything we can and then sprayed Therro around windows, door, etc. The bug still come in but at a lesser rate partly because of the time of the year they do not come in as much. The spray definitely kills them, but still have problem of them coming in.
- All About
The stink bug, also known as a shield bug, is easily recognized by its five-sided or shield-shaped body. An agricultural pest native to China and Japan, stink bug invasions have been on a steady rise in the U.S. since they arrived in the late 1990’s. A nuisance to fruit, vegetable and farm crops, stink bugs have officially invaded 41 states, from as far west as California to as far north as Minnesota.
Are stink bugs harmful?
Though not harmful to homeowners, stink bugs are aptly named - it refers to the scent glands located on the underbelly of the insects. When frightened or smashed, the bugs release a terrible smell. If not treated, stink bugs can take over your house in a matter of days, quickly turning from a few bugs into a full blown infestation.
I have stink bugs all over my kitchen; they seem to be multiplying before my eyes! How do I get rid of these smelly pests?
We recommend treating your home with TERRO® Stink Bug Killer. This convenient, easy-to-use aerosol spray features a two-way directional spray nozzle that is ideal for spot or crack and crevice treatments. Apply to areas where stink bugs crawl and hide, especially around sinks and storage areas; behind baseboards; around doors and windows; behind and under refrigerators, cabinets, and stoves.