Best used for:On FloorsAlong BaseboardsUnder CabinetsOn CountertopsNear Entry PointsTERRO® Liquid Ant Baits
Ants can be a problem anywhere – in the home, at work and everywhere in between. To kill common household ants, place TERRO® Liquid Ant Baits in areas where they attract foraging ants that take the bait back to the nest. As the bait circulates through the colony, it kills the ants you see and the ones you don’t. The new and improved snap-off tab makes the stations easy to use. Plus, the closed bait stations prevent the bait from drying out to provide the ants with a continuous supply of liquid, day and night. Note: complete control may take up to two weeks.How Liquid Ant Bait Works Since this is a bait, initially you will see more ants – but don’t worry, this is a good thing. Why? As ants forage for food, they are easily attracted to the sweet, sugary liquid inside the bait stations. After finding the bait, worker ants consume it and leave behind a pheromone trail leading back to the colony. This trail lets other worker ants know where the newly discovered food supply is. This is why you will see more ants in the beginning.
Meanwhile, the active ingredient, Borax, is slowly interfering with the ant’s digestive system, ultimately killing it, but leaving enough time for the ant to go back and share the dose with the rest of the colony. This slow kill is necessary so that foraging ants can make several trips to the bait. The communal nature of an ant colony allows the bait to be spread to hundreds, if not thousands, of individual ants.Where to Place Ant Baits
Place TERRO® Liquid Ant Baits near trails and other locations where ants are numerous. It’s also a good idea to place bait stations anywhere ants may try to enter your home. The compact size of the bait stations makes them perfect for placement along baseboards, in corners, on counters, under and behind appliances, and on windowsills. The more bait placements, the better!Easy-Open Tab Each TERRO® Liquid Ant Bait station is sealed so the bait stays fresh until you’re ready to use them. To open the bait, hold the station vertically and twist the new and improved tab. This opens up the station and allows ants to access the bait. Place the entire station on a flat surface, keeping the ant bait inside the station.
Note: Some earlier versions of TERRO® Liquid Ant Bait required it to be opened by scissors. The new snap-off tab eliminates this method of opening, but some earlier versions may still be sold while supplies last.How to Use Liquid Ant Baits
TERRO® Liquid Ant Baits are very easy to use. Before placing the bait stations, be sure to remove other sources of food, such as crumbs, sugar and grease spots to prevent attracting ants elsewhere. Do not place bait where you’ve already sprayed insecticides, as the pests may avoid the bait stations.
TERRO® Liquid Ant Bait Product Details Interested in learning more about TERRO® Liquid Ant Baits? Take a closer look at its in-depth specifications. Complete Product Details »
- Hold the bait station firmly with bait pack tab facing up. Break off the tab being careful not to spill the bait.
- Place the bait station label side up on a flat surface near signs of ants. Place additional bait stations anywhere they may enter your home. For best results, use all six bait stations to ensure a sufficient supply for the ants.
- Monitor placements regularly, but do not interfere with the pests or bait stations. Replace when bait is depleted. Complete control may take up to two weeks.
- Once ants are controlled, replace the baits every 3 months to keep them from returning.
TERRO® Liquid Ant Baits Single Model # T300 Bulk Model # BT300BULK Includes 6 bait stations per pack, 36 total stations Active Ingredients 5.40% Sodium Tetraborate Decahydrate (Borax) Eliminates Ants: including acrobat ants, allegheny ants, argentine ants, big headed ants, cornfield ants, crazy ants, ghost ants, little black ants, odorous house ants, pavement ants, pyramid ants, thief ants, white footed ants, and other sweet eating ants (except fire ants, pharaoh ants, carpenter ants, and harvester ants)T300 Liquid Ant Baits Voted the #1 Ant Killer by WirecutterLearn More About Ants
TERRO® has a wide variety of helpful articles to guide you in your efforts to get rid of the pest insects in your home or business. Check these resources to assist you in your pest control efforts.About TERRO® For more than a century, TERRO® has been the trusted name in insect control. Our innovative products are the gold standard in home ant control and beyond. Look for our bright orange packaging on a variety of products, including liquid ant killer, aerosol sprays, perimeter treatments and other products for your home and business. More About TERRO®»
TERRO® LIQUID ANT BAITS Single Model # T300 Bulk Model # BT300 BULK Includes 6 bait stations per pack, 36 total stations Active Ingredients 5.40% Sodium Tetraborate Decahydrate (Borax) Eliminates
All Common Household Ants, Including:
- Acrobat ants
- Allegheny ants
- Argentine ants
- Big headed ants
- Cornfield ants
- Crazy ants
- Ghost ants
- Little black ants
- Odorous house ants
- Pavement ants
- Pyramid ants
- Thief ants
- White footed ants
- Other sweet eating ants (except fire ants, pharaoh ants, carpenter ants, and harvester ants
- Along baseboards
- In corners of rooms and cabinets
- On countertops
- Under and behind appliances
- Under sinks or around pipes and water sources
- On windowsills and around doorways
- Near garbage cans
- Along ant trails
- Pre-filled and ready to use
- Station offers a continuous supply of bait to keep ants coming back
- Snap-off tab keeps ant bait fresh
- Bait triggers a slow kill, targeting the ants you see and the ants you don’t
- Net ant bait contents per package: 2.2 fl oz
- Consult packaging before using.
- Ants will appear in large numbers at first, then disappear as the liquid bait takes effect.
- Complete control may take up to two weeks.
- Replace every 3 months.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- DO NOT USE in edible product areas of food handling establishments, restaurants or other areas where food is commercially prepared or processed. Do not use in serving areas while food is exposed. Avoid contamination of feed and foodstuffs.
- Place bait in areas inaccessible to children and pets.
Disclaimer: Terro.com does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Review RatePackage doesn't work
I've used these ant bait traps for years in spite of having an exterminator. They worked fine until the newer package design. We put the trap on the counter and nothing happened. Is there a way to fix the opening to make it easier for the ants to enter? Thanks for your time.Response From Terro®Kathryn : Consumer Relations Representative
Ants are excellent climbers, so if the ones currently visiting you are not interested in the bait stations, it is likely because they're not sweet-eating ants. This product will only be effective for those ants that are currently consuming sugary foods. Please fe