All About Outdoor Ant Baiting
TERRO® Outdoor Ant Baits
Almost all ant infestations, both indoor and outdoor, are connected to a colony located beneath the ground outside of the home. If pesky outdoor ants are invading your yard, patio, or garage, or marching straight toward your front door, then you need an ant colony killer. Stop them dead in their tracks with TERRO® Outdoor Liquid Ant Bait Stakes or TERRO® Outdoor Liquid Ant Baits.
How they work is remarkably uncomplicated:
- As worker ants forage for food, they are drawn to the sweet liquid bait housed in durable, weather-resistant casings that are specially designed for outdoor use.
- While the active ingredient in the TERRO® ant bait will ultimately kill the worker ants by interfering with their digestive system, it is designed to kill slowly.
- This slow kill gives the foraging ants enough time to return to their nest and deliver the deadly bait to the rest of the colony.
Our slow kill product kills outdoor ants effectively. Have an outdoor ant problem? TERRO® outdoor liquid baits provide effective, long-term ant control of outdoor colonies. If you need to know how to get rid of an ant colony, we have the solution.
Killing ant colonies can mean targeting larger areas. To bait larger areas, TERRO® Perimeter Ant Bait Plus is an effective and easy-to-use outdoor baiting option. Packaged in an easy-to-use shaker canister, the weather-resistant granules are effective in baiting outdoor ants.
Expert Outdoor Baiting Tips
If you’re asking how to get rid of outdoor ants, you’re also asking how to get rid of lawn ants. The answer to both is to kill the ant colony. Here are some tips that can help you get rid of your infestation faster.
- Traffic Control- When working to get rid of ants outside the home, look for ‘ant highways’ or foraging trails. Locate ant traffic by pulling back garden mulch, turning over rocks, and looking under pieces of wood.
- Board Your House - Inspect potential entry points into your home, including windows, doors, exhaust vents, faucets and sliding glass doors. Also check for ants trailing up the sides of your home and along gutters.
- Place Traps Near Activity - Place outdoor ant baits near ant trails or where ants are numerous. TERRO® Outdoor Liquid Ant Bait Stakes and TERRO® Outdoor Ant Bait Stations are designed to prevent the liquid bait from drying out, ensuring the ants always have a continuous supply of food.
- Attract by Liquid - Ants are drawn to liquid food over solid food because they are unable to digest food in solid form. This is what makes liquid baiting so effective. Ants consume the liquid bait and share the love by transporting it back to the nest to share with the rest of the unsuspecting colony and queen.
- Let Us Do the Work for You - The size of the colony typically dictates how long it will take to wipe out an ant invasion. Smaller ant infestations can usually be eliminated within a day or two and with large colony or multiple colonies, you may need to wait 10 days to 2 weeks.
- Give it Time – Give the ants enough time to locate the bait, consume it, and transport it back to the nest to share with the rest of the colony. Stay away from contact ant killers while baiting. They may cause the ants to die before they can take the bait back to the colony.