Keep ants from entering your house with TERRO® Outdoor Ant Killer. This product provides instant knockdown and long-term control against ants and other unwanted home invaders. An easy-to-use, powerful spray head allows you to deliver barrier spray in hard-to-reach places up to 10-15 feet away. When sprayed, the liquid product expands upon hitting its target surface and leaves an invisible residual deposit to kill ants and other pests.
TERRO® Outdoor Ant Killer is ideal as a perimeter barrier around foundations, doors and windows. It is especially useful outside in early spring when ants emerge and attempt to enter the house. Use again in the fall when ants attempt to come inside for the winter.
General Usage Tips
Follow these tips to ensure the most effective control of unwanted home invaders.
- Direct your application to areas that ants and other insects use as common entry points and foraging trails.
- Spray with caution when wind conditions may create a mist that may blow back to you.
- Use the attached red extension tube or the spare — when engaged, spray will shoot out a stream 10 to 15 feet long.
- Look for ant activity around the outside of the house and spray the outdoor surface areas, contacting as many ants as possible.
- Do not apply this product in or around bodies of water.
Where to Use
Ants: Focus your treatment in key areas outside the house, where you suspect ants are entering the structure, such as around downspouts and gutters, near windowsills and door openings. Spray ants directly where possible. Seal up any visible exterior cracks where ants can be seen entering the home. Spray ant trails, hills, ant mounds and other areas of entry and infestation.
Carpenter Ants: Carpenter ants usually come from an outside colony and enter your house looking to establish a satellite colony in an area containing water-damaged wood. Carpenter ants are easy to identify because they are larger than all other pest ants. Often you will find them living in wood that has been in contact with water, such as around downspouts and gutters, near windowsills and door openings, close to leaking water pipes, or around decks.
Carpenter ants are most active between dusk and dawn — locate their outside trails during this time. Carpenter ants follow distinct trails such as edges of landscape timbers, along the ground close to outside walls, near downspouts or along the edge of an outside wall. After a careful inspection around the outside of the house, apply TERRO® Outdoor Ant Killer to all areas where you suspect ants are entering the home. Seal any visible exterior cracks where ants can be seen entering the home. If ants are discovered inside the home, use a suitable TERRO® indoor ant control product to treat indoor invasion. If you find the main colony outside in the yard, treat the areas where ants are seen entering the main colony.
Spiders: Spray directly on spiders and webs.
Other crawling insects: To control cockroaches, boxelder bugs, crickets, sowbugs, and multicolored Asian lady beetles, focus your treatment in key areas outside your house where you suspect these insects are entering. Check downspouts and gutters, near windowsills and door openings. Spray insects directly where possible and seal up any visible exterior cracks where crawling insects can be seen entering the home.
View video on how to effectively control outdoor ant invasions:
- Kills ants on contact and provides long-lasting residual control up to 12 weeks
- Also effective against carpenter ants, carpenter bees, Asian lady beetles, boxelder bugs, spiders, cockroaches and other pests
- Powerful spray head delivers a stream of product 10 to 15 feet long to help treat hard-to-reach areas
- For outdoor use only
What’s in the Box
- One 1 lb., 3 oz. aerosol spray can
- Extension tube
- Contains Permethrin* (0.200%), related reaction products (0.017%), Tetramethrin (0.200%) and other ingredients (99.583%)
- 1 lb., 3 oz. aerosol spray can
- For outdoor use only
No reviews available.
- All About
There are more than 10,000 known species of ants living throughout the world. Like other insects, they have six legs; each with three joints. Ants have large heads with compound eyes, elbowed antennae, and powerful jaws. Ants are social insects that live in structured nest communities throughout the world. The species of ant determines whether they live underground, in mounds built at ground level, in wood structures or in plants or trees.
I need to knock out an ant invasion quickly – what do you recommend?We suggest using TERRO® Ant Killer Spray or TERRO® Outdoor Ant Spray - both products kill on contact and will continue killing up to 12 weeks. And better yet, these sprays are also effective against cockroaches, spiders, crickets, scorpions and other unwanted insects.